The ‘Lydney Station Travel Plan – Final Draft’ has been published after many months of consultation and meetings. The publication is a result of many bodies working in partnership, including Lydney Town Council, Forest of Dean District Council, Arriva Trains, Network Rail, and the Dean Forest Railway.
Some of the actions that the Plan identifies include:
- New cycle parking shelters at the train station
- Over grown foot paths to and from the station will be cutback and maintained
- Doubling the number of parking spaces in the car park
- Bus time table improvements and better info at the station on bus times
- Improve Public Rights of Way, cycle paths, signage and info to and from the station
- Restoring the underpass link